Friday 8 July 2011

Leaving the past behind

A little doodle I did on the back of an envelope with a biro and a dried-up marker sparked all sorts of thoughts in me. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular when I was drawing but I was wondering why this guy looked sad, because all of my images are usually jolly. But then, still for no logical reason, I started sketching the house that I see from my kitchen window. And the thought occurred to me that this guy, who is young in age or in spirit, is leaving his childhood home and is not ready to be happy yet. But butterflies are showing him the way and the sun is shining.

2 comments:

Crosby Kenyon said...

Well...people and their abodes go together...together then apart...happy? A relative term. But butterflies are free.

franvisions said...

Thanks for your comment, I only noticed it now!